Yesterday proved to be somewhat of a hot and sweaty day.
I trolled around the nearby villages of Gwaenysgor, Cwm, Trelogan, Llanasa and Dyserth opening up the village notice boards with my trusty skeleton key and sneaking in this year's Flower Show Poster for all the world to see.
In Trelogan, one old boy asked me what I was advertising. When I told him, he snorted
" Fuck all happens in this village"
The rest of the day, I went house to house In Trelawnyd dropping off schedules but I was hampered by catching up with the local news
- German Bernard has cut his thumb rather badly during a circular saw incident. Both thumb and Bernard do not seem to be doing very well.
- Old Stan is recuperating after a " bad do" I knew a " bad do" was a " very bad do" because Stan said " bad do" around a dozen times.
- Meirion E was planting out an old wheelbarrow with bedding plants when I dropped off his schedule , he growled and laughed like an old pirate
- The new guy who has bought Plas yn dre Ucha ( the House next to Auntie Glad's) waved and asked me if I was the " history Boy" ( Boy! Yeah right) I told him that I was, and he kindly gave me a look into his house which is in the process of being totally renovated. He has a deep voice like Richard Burton and obviously has a love of history and strangely enough of the village itself. And he asked me if I could dig out any information about his home (which is one of the oldest houses in the village dating from the early1700s
- Mrs Trellis caught up with me to apologise that she had forgotten my birthday. She gave me a gift wrapped up in pink tissue paper which turned out to be a four inch garden gnome...." Bet you haven't got one of those" she said triumphantly. I told her that "she was right!"
- Affable despot Jason asked me if I could pick his girls up from school today as he would late home....he laughed that it would be a " first for me" and that I would enjoy standing with all the Other moms and Dads and talk about " fat club" and recipes . I'll take Winnie with me as the girls adore her
- The conservation group was out too clearing the flower beds for the summer planting. This reminded me that the Flower Show Committee agreed to make a donation towards the cost of the shrubs and plants. So I popped to the treasurer's house to pick up a cheque which I handed over....job done!
- Gay Gordon and Big Mary waved merrily from their bungalow window after I had dropped in their schedule....Gay Gordon may enter the boiled fruit cake class, though he said he may have trouble delivering it on his invalid trolley...I said I would collect it
The large building is plas yn dre
A former old school it is now two houses
Its all go