We are officially a Society!

As I was " fabreezing" the cottage within a inch of its life this morning in readiness for the plumber to arrive to fix the toilet, I realised that the pile of flower show schedules are still pulled up in the kitchen.
We are nearly into June, so it is time to start to big up the Flower Show, which is only just over nine weeks away.
This week, all the schedules that require posting will be posted out. The local Garden Centre, The Crown Pub, The Scala Centre and other local shops will have their own piles to distribute and the local newspapers will be contacted in the hope that they will publicise the event. Auntie Gladys has been a member of the flower show ( and it's predecessor- the village welfare committee) for over 56 years now. So I will use this fact as a bit of a twist when I email the news desks!
I am also  about to contact a couple of younger people in the village to see if they want to join the committee because, even though we are doing well for " bodies", we only have one member ( Hannah with her amazing knitted hats collection) who is under 40!
Banking mandates have to be changed as I have now taken over as secretary and we now have a new Treasurer and a new  chair and bric a brac needs to be collected and stored ready to deck out Auntie
Glad's stall on the day ( I hope Chris has not forgotten that he is manning it!)

Like all shows like this, there are lots of things to do.

This year  The Trelawnyd Flower Show Committee has bought two replacement benches for the village green and has given the village conservation group a buxom donation towards the village flower beds.
The Show's remit has always been to support village based initiatives.

After completing the new banking paperwork, our new Treasurer cheerfully informed me that the Flower Show committee is now officially a " Society" on paper
How exciting!
Go on readers
Have a look at the schedule .......we love postal entries..eh Nana?
http://trelawnydflowershow.blogspot.co.uk

43 comments:

  1. Ooh, that IS exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is!
      I hope you'll be putting in another award winning novelty vegetable Hannah?

      Delete
    2. Of course! Better get brainstorming...

      Delete
    3. I remember your carrot pup from last year - so cute! Can't wait to see what you come up with this time.

      Delete
  2. Oooh exciting stuff.

    And I see that I have suddenly appeared on your Blog List and as you are on mine, does that make us a Mini Appreciation Society too ;-)

    Can't wait to see pictures of Chris manning the bric a brac stall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But he's taken mine off!
      Jane x

      Delete
    2. Have I?
      I don't think so

      Delete
    3. Oh God, the shame..you have my cats' blog in the sidebar,not mine.
      Jane xxx

      Delete
  3. Thanks for providing your contact details (in the photo), They will now be forwarded to various call centres in Ebbw Vale and the Indian subcontinent as well as being added to magazine mailing lists - including "Hollywood Hunks", "Bulldog Breeding", "Egg News" and "Church Cleaners' Weekly".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such good news !

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, Love, Love the replacement picture :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I'm so excited!!!! And I don't even live there. That's is how good a promoter you are John. Now about that "fabreezing" for the plumber...all I can say is, must be SOME plumber.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John. . I'd be happy send a piece of jewelry again for a raffle. I am away for 2 weeks....not sure when the show is but hopefully I can get it to you in time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you chania.. That would be wonderful x

      Delete
  9. Victoria Jam Sponge (using 3 eggs)

    That'll rule out my mothers trusted wartime recipe then. I couldn't bring myself to put more than 2 eggs in a cake. We're still on rationing up here in Durham.

    I'll have to see what I can do with a cucumber!

    ReplyDelete
  10. sounds great but looking for under 40s to join, that is going to be hard
    i am with a volenteer group but not one under 40 good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a bright teenager who enters many classes with his mom and dad.... I will see if he wants to join the ranks

      Delete
  11. You are meant to be in this village at this time. Thank you for all you do to keep the town alive.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, I'm not under 40 anymore but if I were there I'd happily join! It seems you're as much a gift to your village as you are to your bloggers. =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck! I hope this is the best one ever!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good selling point to get some publicity, about Auntie Gladys. It's good to have an "angle" and besides, it's something she should be feted for!

    Buxom donation - never heard that one before but I like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I dream of visiting the flower show and wandering around and knowing who everyone is and everyone would know me.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please feel free to come over...... Make sure you enter the boiled egg class!

      Delete
    2. I hate boiled eggs.

      Delete
  17. This flower show always seems to sneak up on me. One week you're "bigging up," as you say over there, and next thing I know you're crying over a second-place quiche. It's like the internet goes through a time wormhole or something.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I popped over for a look at the Flower Show blog. No Quiche category I see this year? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm looking forward to reading all about it. I hope you share photos of the "Best Kept Garden". I'd love to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. "As I was " fabreezing" the cottage within a inch of its life this morning" .............

    "in readiness for the plumber to arrive to fix the toilet"

    Jings... For the plumber? ... What do you do when your future "In laws" are on the way or the vicar is coming round for tea?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew
      Remember 4 dogs, I cat and one small cottage....
      You fabreeze before ANYONE visits believe me

      Delete
    2. I suspect the 4 dogs and 1 cat might have something to say about the mess the 2 humans create.

      Delete
  21. Carry on the fine traditions, as long as you can keep getting new 40 year old volunteers to join the committee, you will assure the the longevity of the show.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What no prize for the best Scotch Egg, with you judging John?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Allen , it was one of the classes 2 years ago but only MONA Davies entered

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think as the secretary you have the power to re-instate it, AND judge the class AND take home all the entries at the end of the day. I would quickly write it into the rules if I was you :-)

      Delete
  24. I've looked and looked and can't see where I can send an email to you to find out where to send an entry to (if I can get my act together in time!).

    And was your shout-out to Nana Go Go or me (Nina)? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go go.... She s won several awards at the show!

      Delete
  25. Address again please ....to linda.metcalf@yahoo.com ....I will try to get something made or just send a contribution if that sits well with you? With postage being so extreme for a parcel a contribution may be best. If my ship comes in I may be there in person....:)

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes