MNDA CARS


Now we have spent an interesting afternoon manning the "ride a classic car for Motor Neurone disease" tent.
Several participants of the Prestatyn Classic Car Show offered their cars to be used by willing car enthusiasts for a ride around the town......All the passengers had to do was make a donation to The Motor Neurone Disease association...and between 12 and 3.30pm It was my job to make the bookings!
Sister Janet (One of the MND oganisers)

Now I have not a clue what exactly is the difference between a 1967 Lanciar spider and Porche Carrera...so when questioned on the finer details of the horsepower capacity of say a Masarati Grandturismo , I did resort to a somewhat perplexed chuckle and the usual statement..." I am a guy that drives a Citroen Berlingo.....I have absolutely no idea but will find out for you!"


Cars are another world to me......now if the great Welsh public asked me the  colour of Shelley Winters' dress in the Poseidon Adventure.....I would have shouted " Now we're bloody well talking talking!!" But car talk?...........I might as well be living on the moon!
Anyhow I got by...just about and we raised a fair bit for the cause... see my my sister's blog for details of the day

It was an entertaining afternoon!

14 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:31 pm

    I don't know much about cars either. I like the red one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:52 pm

    Your response was wonderfully funny, disarming, appropriate and helpful. Sounds like a great way to raise money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me neither as long as the correct fuel goes in the right hole then that's all that matters, right?
    Glad to hear the fund raising went well
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good idea for a great cause. You should have come to me. I love cars - aren't I the butch one?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would my Compact Royce count as 'classic'? Better to keep well away; one can get hooked on such things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what my hubby tells me, haha.
    Glad it was a good day for your car Show. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Luckily I grew up with a father who sold cars....all kinds of cars! And when one whizzes by us I am always telling Ron what it is and what year it too! So there!
    Hope lots of $$$$ was raised John.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know much about cars either - unless it's a make and model we have had at one time or another...

    I think that it went very well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, what was the colour of Shelley Winters' dress in the Poseidon Adventure?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I pride myself on knowing makes and models of cars, dear dad was a mechanic, but vintage ones...well that's another story.
    Hope it was a succesful fundraising event, and lots of fun to boot !
    Sorry, pun intended :)
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  11. John - You do make me laugh! I am in awe of your sister's boundless energy. Other than the MG, I'd have been hopeless to give info about cars, nor could I identify the outfit you mentioned... I'm really hopeless! LOL! Katie in MN

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a great day! Hope Plank and the chick are doing well. Wish we had a "Pub" where we could take our dogs and spend some time. Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous8:08 pm

    I noticed you have not yet posted the answer to Little Blue Mouse's questions? The color of her dress John? Do you REALLY know? Eh?

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes