Bored, Bored , Bored

The valiant little group of hen houses face the snow
I am getting bored of this snow lark now. I am still effectively snowed in as the Berlingo still is having problems negotiating the lane up into the village (right)
The farm tractors have compacted the snow into sheet ice and this coupled with  incline of the lane has meant that only 4 x4 s and farm traffic have managed to get through!
Having said this  I was gob smacked yesterday when Della from pen-y-cefn-isa shot right up the lane in her tiny nissan Micra, without stopping once!!!
That certainly knocked my masculinity!

So armed with a spade and my fisherman's socks, I am just about to try another lane run to escape the village for an hour or so.Earlier the dogs followed Constance's example and all peed on the back patio (she looked at me sternly this morning as if to say "you've got to be f*cking kidding") when I took them all for a walk at 7.30...and then promptly opened her bladder like a horse two inches outside the back door!
Yellow snow is not a pretty sight.

I am due to go to Sheffield on Saturday to attend a wedding do! ( the daughter of the famous Bel Ami!!!) I just hope I can get there!!! I need to shed my wellies for an evening in the city at least once this year!!!

22 comments:

  1. You'll need your wellies on in the city I'm afraid John - pop over and see how much weve got! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and its still falling!xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be there or be a very cold Welshman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time to get some Nordic skis! Weeeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Constance and Molly are twins......she refuses to go outside point blank when its raining, and the only way I can get her out is for me to go and get wet with her.........

    I know how you feel with all that bloody white stuff.........ask me in February how I feel.......we'll be twins.

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:33 pm

    Dear John, Now, you really must cheer up. After all, the snow may well be with you for a fortnight yet!!! Wellington boots and a suit might well have to be the order of the day on Saturday...perhaps you will have to hitch a lift in the Nissan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. John, you are not bored, you just don't feel in control. I hate that feeling of not being able to go when I want. We had a litle snow last night also, but not like you. I can relate to the "pee on the porch" scene that's what Mazzy and Annie did this morning. But then they ran in the yard to play. Make a pot of soup, it will make you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you get out ok and have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made a pan of soup, cleaned the patio of yellow snow and got out of the lane to the "civilisation" of nearby Prestatyn!
    oh the heady whirl of it all!!!

    and yes bev
    I do feel in control again!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you got out! Our first snow of the season is falling now, and I'm marveling at the beauty of it all. Of course, I have an all wheel drive car, and no incline to my driveway, so I know I can get out any time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I KNOW our day is coming to be buried in that white stuff!!! Hope you get to the wedding John......time to rejuvenate a little.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pah, it's only a bit of snow. You want to trade in that Berlingo for a pick-up truck.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wear the Wellies, then change when you get there? :)

    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG that looks too cold, yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely jubbly as Del Boy would say:) I'm more than happy for you to send some snow here John♥ Hope you make it to Sheffield. Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well ugggg and as they say "shoot me now" I just hate cold weather and snow just adds insult to injury.

    Okay, okay for five minutes its Ohhh how pretty.. then its, go away, melt, be gone!!

    Glad you got out a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Come on man! You are only limited by your imagination - stop imagining the worst and put on the positive face.

    Must admit, tho' coping with snow like you people have to do in Northern climes must be a testing time requiring a lot of adaptation to changing circumstances!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Brrr..that looks cold! Time for some snow shoes?

    ReplyDelete
  19. yep, i like the ski idea... skiis, an ipod and flask. certainly, that would take the boredom away!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi John. Just reading the online Guardian. You're not the only one with a crush on Matt Cardle! http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2010/dec/01/the-x-factor-matt-cardle

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous10:10 pm

    Last night on the news here they showed a satellite photo of Great Britain. My jaw dropped. It was white, top to bottom. I'd heard rumors that the weather gods were predicting a cold and snowy winter for Europe but the visual was still shocking. Hang in there!!
    Dia

    ReplyDelete
  22. I know you're sick of the snow, but the scenery and photograph is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes