The Big Country

Now I love some pieces of classical music (Georges Bizet: L'Arlésienne-Suite - Farandole is a case in point) but most of my love of classical music comes in the guise of the hidden classics, namely the big movie themes)

Gone With The Wind, The Magnificent Seven, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Out Of Africa...I could bang on for hours on the themes that put a tingle down your spine and that have the ability to lift your spirits within seconds of hearing them...

Jerone Moross theme from The Big Country was inspired by a walk in the New Mexico flatlands and has the ability to make your heart soar

2 comments:

  1. Great tune - you need to come to Australia to really experience what "The Big Country" is - bigger than Texas at 7.7. million sq Klms.

    Come see for yourself!

    I'll put up some general images in my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes