Iranian films.......suck (well this one did)

Hazel and I hated No One Knows About Persian Cats. The semi documentary style cinematography, the slightly manic 1960 Richard Lester ish style narrative and some terrible performances didn't help this desperate story of the underground music culture in Tehran.
We left after an hour which was ok...we had a beer and a chat, and made up after me having "words" we her recently recently!
As we drove over Prestatyn hill, there was an amazing sunset (as predicted) over the sea....very hazy and pinky.....and not at all disasterfilm ish........

4 comments:

  1. I really should have walked out of "Clash of the Titans" last night.
    Keep the money, I just want my two hours back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't win them all... at least you had good company!

    J n J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I can't agree. Yes it was raw, low key and semi-documentary in style and it didn't end well but it was a fascinating portrait of a repressive regime which you felt rather than saw. And I can't agree about the acting, the girl was very good and the motormouth shyster was richly played. I saw it with a modest audience, there was one other person there, but we both agreed on the way out that we had really liked it.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes