Living a small life

Compared to most, I know I lead a fairly small and uneventful life. This fact doesn't bother me at all, especially when I remember the headaches and mental exhaustion I experienced ( and to be fair also enjoyed) when I was a career nurse in Sheffield.
Village life suits me, It really does but I am also very aware that it makes me look "inward" a lot of the time, and I do fear that at times I may be, (shock horror) a bit of a boring old geek!
I guess sometimes, the minutiae of what duck did to what pig isn't that important when I could be discussing the recent banking bail out or the latest debate over the Kercher murder trial, but hey, that's what I signed up for.
Perhaps an example of the small nature of my news ( and the way village communication works) was how the news about the demolishing of the bridge down our lane spread like wild fire. When I took the dogs out this morning, I was informed of the prang no less than four times in a 2000 yard amble....and I even took a skip down the lane (pretending to pick dandelion leaves for the guinea fowl chicks) so I could have a peek at the damage!!! Anyhow the rest of the day has concentrated on my friend Nigel's visit. Rooms have been prepared and supper made, but I did have a worrying few minutes fussing over the baby turkeys in their new run. I woke up several times during the night, fretful that the cold may be too much for them in the big bad field, but this morning they gave me a chorus of trilling calls when I opened up their run, before bolting down an extra feed of pasta and corn.
I have just realised that I worried about my staff in Sheffield a great deal less than I do over a quartet of skinny turkeys...what does that make me?.
anyhow....coffee break over, it is time to scrub a wayward terrier pee stain from the spare room bed cover.....
hey ho

4 comments:

  1. Staff can get under cover when it's cold, go to the store for food. Those turkeys on the other hand....but they are more hearty than you are giving them credit for. We have plenty of wild turkeys here that seem to love it when it snows!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The reason I come here is because of your "small life." I have a much smaller life than you do. If I didn't didn't have to venture to the office daily for a paycheck, I'd be a hermit. Love seeing the turkeys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The everyday things in life are the most important and give meaning to our lives and I would much rather read about your turkeys, dogs, chickens, etc., than world news. And that's for sure! Was the bridge taken down on purpose? I love old bridges. The turkeys look happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking inward makes one boring? I'd have thought the opposite. Anyway, I really like these photographs. Strangely, the subjects you talk about aren't anything I thought I'd be interested in, but I enjoy how you talk about them.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes