My Father's son

My father loved local council matters. Give him a committee meeting, a gavel and a group of like minded locals and he would as blissfully happy as a pig eating cheap white bread.
I never thought it possible, but I am beginning to share his "interest" in things called "council" Mind you my interest does lie more within the sphere of community council matters rather than at the Governmental levels, Chris and I attended another of the community council's "open " meetings this evening and we were interested to see how some local issues and concerns had been handled !!!! . I think in future I will exercise my right as a member of the public to sit in to future meetings....I have a terrier's nose and want to learn as much as possible what is said and to whom!.
Mind you I coughed and spluttered my way through this evening's meeting.....hopefully this bloody cold will be my first and last "bug" of the winter

1 comment:

  1. Hi John

    It may be genetic - I'm hoping to stand for Labour in next Council elections in London 2010. In fact tonight I was "on the knocker" for Labour in West Ham.

    Check out our name stake and long lost cousin across the pond here http://johnsgraymatters.blogspot.com/

    Buckley mug John Gray

    (whose father was John Gray a Buckley DC Councillor in 1950's)

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes