Errand day

The newly renovated Memorial Hall

It has been a day for running errands. After dropping Chris at the station at 7.30 (he woke me early after having the screaming abdabs when he found the body of a small mouse in his study), I made the most of the sunny early morning and collected a load of apples from my elderly neighbour's fruit trees. He buttonholed me yesterday when he asked me if I wanted some apples in return for me collecting his cat some medication from the vets. Of course I answered "yes",and he then asked me if I could pick the ones I wanted and at the same time pick some more for him and some other neighbours and friends!
The Wiley old character!.....Anyway,I didn't really mind at all, as he is a lovely old guy and , picking apples was rather relaxing in a repetitive kind of way.
I delivered some eggs, dropped off a old postcard of the memorial hall to the head of the renovation committee (the official opening of the hall is on the 18th, which I will be attending on behalf of the Flower Show- and I thought the postcard may be of some use for one of the presentations), then I went to Auntie Glad's to empty her garage of some unwanted junk before driving to the animal rescue centre in Trelogan to relieve them of their unwanted large hutches. (ideal for making small chicken coops!), after walking the dogs, re jigging the Flower Show presentation for the Hall opening and preparing dinner, it was well into the afternoon, and I had just enough time to strim the field borders before it was time to pick Chris up again.....
During good weather, the day seems to flit away without you actually noticing it.

ps Nige could you tell me the origin of the saying Screaming abdabs........please

2 comments:

  1. Like the photograph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat summary here (about 1/3 of a page down). OEDs earliest entry is around the 1940s, but origin noted as 'obscure'.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes