Susan

Hens are like people....., some get sick, no matter what you do for them! Susan is still looking rather poorly, even though she rallied after her serious bout of sickness when we were away in San Fransisco earlier in the year.
I have done everything I can think of to pull her through this time. Antibiotic in her water, lice and parasite treatments, wormer and vitamins! The pasta has helped too, as does the occasional egg, but still she looks anaemic, lethargic and weak.
This morning I have syringed her a good dose of olive oil and sugared water, and she has eaten some white bread and a tiny bit of wheat, but she remains very thin and sick.
There is a general rule of thumb that all sick birds are removed from the flock, so she is at present sitting in a cat carrier overlooking the field.
I know I shouldn't have favourites, but her gentle personality and valliant battle with ill health, over the last few months has endeared her to me somewhat

1 comment:

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes