Condolences

Yesterday the village could hardly be seen from the West as the heat haze obscured much of the countryside and the Gop. Today the rain and mist has drawn in, and the miserable weather (typically arriving a day before the open day) has mirrored the mood of the village as two of the most well known village characters have suddenly died only yesterday.
One lady was the daughter and sister from a family I have got to know fairly well, and I think it is expected for people in small old fashioned communities like Trelawnyd to be "proactive" in their support in times like these.
Death seems to initiate paralysis in many people, especially I think in more recent times, whereas people born a generation or two ago seem to put in place a more face to face, "can I be of help?-I am very sorry for your loss" approach.
I think I fall in between two stools, I want to offer support but I don't want to intrude. Finally I bought a couple of cards, cut bunches of flowers from the garden and allotment and went round personally with my condolences..
What else could you do?

1 comment:

  1. . . . that is what a kind gentleman would do . . . good for you very awesome to see compassion this day and age . . . change is sure in the air, no? peace

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes