Nuala and Me

Nuala and I up in the Hilton cocktail lounge...forgive my hair AND my big red forehead!

Touching base with Nuala is as necessary to me as breathing.There is always a certain something missing in my life when I have not seen her for a long time. We met up yesterday at the National Portrait Gallery at 11am and talked non stop (with a break for Sister Act of course) until 11pm.
During the day, we also had lunch at Covent Garden,a cocktail at the top of the Hilton Hotel in Paddington (with fantastic views over London), and a wonderful Indonesian meal on the way back to West Ealing.
Nuala always has the unfailing ability to make every visit special and enjoyable. I had a lovely, lovely time!


My favourite painting at the BP portrait exhibition "Georgie" by Mary Jane AnsellThis morning I mooched around the South Bank, National film Theatre and the obligatory John Lewis.........I managed to change my train home, good job too, there were delays on several routes north

6 comments:

  1. Nice portrait...what do you think of this one?

    Link

    Nx

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes that was the winner wasn't it?
    this painting was my second favourite........the girl looks quite tearful....very moving to look at

    ReplyDelete
  3. But take a look at this one:

    Link

    Realism isn't necessarily my bag, but his technical skill is incredible, and "Tom" has real renaissance quality.

    Nx

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes I liked that one too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had such a fab time in London! I used to live in London years agon & although I much prefer living in the countryside I still get a bit of a rush when I get the chnace to go back. Special friends like Nuala are treasures to be trully cherished, you're a luck guy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Something haunting about the portrait. I liked it, though only to see in a museum. Too sad to have hanging on my wall. I checked out all the links too. Interesting. I personally prefer the softness and shading of a Rembrandt to 'the Changling' by her father. 'Tom' I liked better.

    Ooooo, now I'm an art critic!!

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes