A Real Sexy Spock

Apparently Star Trek is the 11th film of the sci fi franchise to burst forth onto our screens and I must say that although I am not a huge Star Trek geek, it certainly is the best of the whole series (and I am including all of the tv shows in this assessment too!)
This exciting prequel to the tv USS ENTERPRISE days, chronicles James T Kirk's unsteady rise to Captain status and Spock's even shakier (and much more interesting) journey to be his second in command and along the way we are joyfully introduced to the well known supporting team of Scotty,Bones,Uhura,Sulu and Chekov.
Chris Pine makes for a spunky and likable Kirk, Karl Urban is a dead ringer for the old cynical Dr McCoy , newcomers Zoe Saldana and John Cho give a newer, sexier twist to Uhura and Sulu's usually bland characters and Simon Pegg gives the one and only comic turn as the moon faced engineer Mr Scott.
The action sequences are top notch, the usual Star Trek psycho/technical/pseudo religious babble is mercifully kept to a minimum and although some of the film's time travel storyline is over complicated the whole movie is a refreshing,dynamic and successful re booting of a tried and tested formula!
The character of Mr Spock (played with a smoldering smartness by the very VERY sexy Zachary Quinto) re enforces the film's ability to be totally revitalised and original from anything that has gone before it, and he deftly steals the film from the rest of the youthful and very attractive cast.
I loved his charm particulary and the film in general
I gave it a cracking 9/10

From left to right Chekov (Anton Yelchin) Kirk (Chris Pine), Scotty (Simon Pegg), Bones (Karl Urban), Sulu (John Cho) and Uhura (Zoe Saldana)

1 comment:

  1. I loved this film, but thought the "token" love/sex relationship between Uhura and Spock was totally unnecessary and for me did not fit. Ugh!
    However, the main reason for commenting is to tell you I had to pick my chin off my knees when I realized the same Karl Urban that was playing Bone [FABulously!}was the same Karl Urban, assassin to Jason Bourne. Talk about an actor having range!

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes