Catch up

This morning I took a break from rural scruffiness, I washed my face and donned some clean clothes and went to Chester to meet my friend Nige.
We didn't do a great deal. We had coffee by the river, ate ice cream, mooched around the shops, had lunch in a proper cafe and talked solid for 4 hours. It was a nice and welcomed break.
Meeting up with a friend that you know well is an easy pastime.You dovetail together with a paced and relaxed type of conversation. You feel comfortable with silences and laugh often and with feeling.
I always have the resolve that I leave it too long between meetings.

2 comments:

  1. Nice change of pace I guess.What is this waterway your friend is leaning on a bridge over?
    I have a handful of buddies that I feel that way about. We can be apart years and still chat like it was just a week since last we spoke.Not acquaintances, real friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The river is the River Dee in Chester

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes