The Art of Manipulation

Now readers of this blog will accept that I love an emotional romp and....it has been a while since I have had a cracking good one. Thanks to the producers of BRITAIN'S GOT TALENT, I, as millions of others seem to have done, nosedived blissfully into a true Hollywood moment on Saturday night.Every single person involved in this snippet enjoyed being wrung out to dry by an artful tv manipulation moment As we all watched the Ann Widdicombe-esque underdog -Susan Boyle belt out the specifically picked emotional highlight from Les Miserables (the shop worn middle aged heroine Fantine's swan song), the producers kept the emotionally charged musical score going to punctuate wonderfully Susan's surprise at being supported and the audience's shame fuelled hysterical reactions at her success.On reflection, it wasn't the obvious skill this unlikely contestant showed to a patronising audience that moved so much, I think it was the genuine, typically British and slightly dotty quality that Susan possessed that made people warm to her.A cracking piece of manipulative television

5 comments:

  1. I have to admit, even I was blown away by her voice. It shows you should never judge a book by its cover

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched Doctor Who.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hanging curtains.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was hanging curtains.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes