Strictly Ballroom


For those that don't know, Chris used to be a professional dancer in a former life. He still has a passion for the odd twinkle toed moment, so he has been greatly looking forward to a glittery dance in Liverpool's famous St George's Hall this evening. Janet (my twin sister) and he have been going to dance classes with my elder sister Ann and husband , Tim for the past few months, and all seem to have been bitten by the ballroom bug BIG STYLE!, so finally, they have decked themselves out in their evening wear, buffed themselves until shiny, and with a group of like minded despots (and with a picnic basket full of gin and tonic and nibbles) off they have gone for a evening of saucy rumba-ing and cha,cha, cha-ing !
I don't mind at all, in fact I have gained a great deal of vicarious pleasure by their new hobby. All of them looked lovely when I dropped Chris off earlier!
From left to right- Sister Ann,Tim, twin sister Janet and Chris


2 comments:

  1. Hope Chris had time to have a good look round St George’s Hall. The floor is incredible

    http://www.liverpool.com/assets/_files/images/jan_09/liv__1232530791_st-george-tiles-insert-.jpg

    and the architecture is unbelievable. Also the courts at the end are an amazing piece of work from craftsman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much fun is that?! Sure glad you got pictures of the dance party. Your twin sis is very pretty. Since Dancing With The Stars came on TV ballroom dancing has "come back" here in the states. It is lovely to watch. I have 2 left feet but Patrick & I go out once a year so we can do our rusty Arizona 2-Step. He (luckily) has a better memory than
    I, so I just follow his lead & it's loads of fun. I looked up the link above and it is a gorgeous place!

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes