Spring time

It has been quite beautiful up here today- warm with a very faint breeze All the animals in the field have been quiet and dozy in the spring heat and the pace of the field has relaxed tenfold. In between jobs I dozed for a few minutes during my daily "sky watching" moment, but with George feeling he has to copy everything that I do, I got little real rest
At midday, I took William for a walk up the lane to deliver some eggs to Pen-y-cefn-Isa. In the middle of nowhere we came across this heart symbol stapled to the inside of the field hedge. It was the oddest thing
My vegetable and seedling "swap" enterprise got off to a good start this morning. An old chap from the village called in with a plastic bag of growing garlic bulbs and very kindly refused some eggs as payment. I planted the garlic and two small herb plants in a small "rabbit proof" plot. All five of my vegetable patches will have to be protected in this way

1 comment:

  1. The heart symbol means you have had a car night nav pass down your lane. A non speed event, testing navigation skills reading an os map. Kinda like a treasure hunt

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes