Allotment fever, a footballing pig & almost spring

I have become friendly with Sandra on the other side of the village. She has the only "official" allotment in the village apart from mine, and has today started the long hard job of bed preparation and composting. Sandra used to have hens and ducks in her large village garden but sadly lost them to a fox one evening, A bubbly and lively personality, I have conscripted her onto the Flower Show Committee, (The above photo is Sandra and her family on their alloment in one of the gardens of the oddly named "Bonk terrace" behind the village High Street. The house in the background was a small school in bygone days. Auntie Gladys now lives there.
Nora has been rather hyper today, no more hormonal absences but plenty of football playfulness.She is certainly more robust and confident than the diffident little Gladys.
I have spent most of the day around the field and typically there has been no more cockerel fighting. The young buff cockerel that had been so battered by Stanley yesterday, still looks pretty ropey today. I have cleaned his comb wounds again this morning

The clocks go forward at midnight, and I am working tomorrow morning, which is a bit of a bummer. It is only a short 6 hour shift, so Chris will be on Cockerel watch. Tomorrow is the start of British "Summertime" which is a laugh. The view from the cold hill above the Village (above) reinforces just how miserable and "unspring-like" the weather is at the moment.
Hello to Pippa too , my latest Blog reader, and one of my few Trelawnyd readers, nice to have you on board

1 comment:

  1. I like the view.It reminds me of a scene from that Led Zeppelin movie when John Bonham was working on his new farm.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes