Indulgence, real politicians and field visitors

Chris isn't home tonight. He is at some conference or other in Scotland, so I have the cottage to myself, and have had an indulgent afternoon and evening. Indulging myself is easy and simple. I have cleaned the cottage from top to bottom and am relaxing in the neatness, stillness and order only afforded by Chris being away!
I have eaten a large plate of sausages in front of "Cops" (Chris hates cheap American "trailer trash" tv and does not let me watch it on an evening but I do love the occasional "Video Justice", "Judge Judy" and "World's Most Amazing Videos"), I have had a long bath,caught up with phone calls (Nu) ,drank a load of diet coke and am now writing my blog half watching "House Doctor"......I am so easily pleased
Today I wanted to write something about the sad death of David Cameron's son Ivan. Yesterday I listened to LBC as I was chopping down the remainder of the far hedge, and the soundbites of support for the Cameron family from MPs from all political parties, I found quite moving and ever so slightly surprising.
I am healthily cynical about politicians, I always have been, but the measured,genuine and eloquent statements from the likes of Gordon Brown,William Hague and especially Vince Cable did literally made me stop what I was doing. It was a refreshing change to realise that a more human aspect of Westminster does exist!

The pigs previous ower called in today to give me and them the once over! She also brought me over the outstanding paperwork, which I need to send off as soon as possible. Gladys and Nora were galloping around after their football when she arrived which satisfied me ( and tickled her). They look very happy in their new enclosure she said....
As we were pig watching another lady arrived to pick up one of the adolescent Buff cockerels. She is a new-ish hen owner and couldn't quite believe how pretty the golden buffs actually are. I have only one cockerel to find a home for now. I am so pleased the two boys have gone to good homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes