Déjà Vu, Pig plans and more snow


You wouldn't think that Spinal Injury and Hospice nursing have a great deal in common, but after I had my interview for bank work at the local hospice, I had the strangest feeling that I was standing in the Princess Royal Spinal Injury Unit back in Sheffield.
The new build, the sense of "quietness" and stillness, and the specialized nature of the place reminded me so much of my old unit it felt a tad uncanny.
I have not heard from the senior nurse as yet, but I do look forward in doing the odd shift over there.
Chris is excited at the prospect of pigs! To be honest I was originally a little sceptical but Chris' enthusiasm finally won me over and made me say "yes" to the delivery of the two sows.
Village Elder Steve, is a wonderfully useful person to know as his contacts has more or less got me my pig fencing,fence posts and other necessary equipment.
Next week I will conscript brother in law Ned and friend Geoff to help move the duck house to the bottom of the field.....pigs and graveyards....do not mix..............
The snow has fallen all afternoon, and the turkeys and ducks all were happy to go back into their warmer houses slightly early this afternoon. Geoff kindly picked Chris up from the station in his 4 wheel drive.
Above pic is William and George in the woods this morning

1 comment:

  1. I confess, I don't like pigs, they were the only animal growing up on a farm that I did not like. I heard as pets however they are suppose to be as smart as dogs and I did know some people with pot bellies that were kind of cute, good luck with them, oink!

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes