Albert & Charlie

Albert didn't come home today which was a little worrying!, I rang the vets at noon and at two, but due to pressures of work he had his plaster cast fitted late so was not well enough to be allowed home today. The "nurse" however said that he was stable and had been asked for me!.......nutter!
I do miss the little chap
Janet gave me this balaclava the other day to help me with this bitter weather. I have been instantly transported to my primary school childhood when I walked to school wearing my hand knitted gloves and orange ever-so-tight balaclava!!! (I honestly looked like a small Japanese soldier!)
It has been lovely to wear but I must admit I do look like a sad pervert in it!
This Morning I let the ducks out first as I wanted to herd them down to the main hen enclosure without interruption by the inquisitive hens. As they waddled down the field two foxes burst into view not 25 yards from us. The ducks formed their defensive "huddle" immediately but the foxes ran on , zig-zagging across the field, through the neighbouring fields and then back again!!!!! They were oblivious to us watching them, as I suspect they were a "courting" couple, but the proximity of two "charlies" is terribly worrying (Charlie is a local nick name for a fox apparently!). I have spent the day on and off the field with trusty George in tow, the electric fencing has been re installed around the expensive buffs and we have seen no repeat visitation!....perhaps my balaclava scared them off?

1 comment:

  1. First visit to your blog and have really enjoyed it so far.The pups are adorable. I'm sending get well wishes to poor Albert. Glad he has good parents to get him medical attention. My Welsh Terrier is a real trip.He makes the Airedale look calm and collected!Of course,he is only 8mos. old & she will be 2yrs. next month. Thx. for visiting us.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes