A fine romance and Halloween

I am designing my own Christmas cards (as usual) and had the idea that a photo of a "happy" turkey may be funnier than the usual tinsel and Scottie terrier motif I usually choose..The above picture is one of the "short listed " Christmas photos. I think we do look as though we are in love.

I do not subscribe to the Americanization of our winter "holidays", and find all this trick and treating by scruffy kids wearing ripped bin bags and a cheapo "scream mask" all a bit trashy, but I do admit, I enjoy the tradition of making a Halloween pumpkin head, Tonight I lit my artistic effort up with a score of tea lights and set it up in the cottage garden.
We have only had two very very small trick and treaters turn up so far. Both dressed as diminutive Jedi knights !( with an embarrassed looking mum donned in an all-in-one pajama suit) They didn't stay long, Maddie was baying for blood when they knocked.
Chris is looking after Richard tomorrow and on Sunday, as I am working most of the weekend. As I write this my father-in-law is covered with dogs. Albert has yet to show his face, having an exhausting day bonding with the house canines. Funny he seems much closer to the dogs already rather than me or Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes