Back on vacation


Maddie having some quality time
Part of me feels that Chris is missing his holiday time in Sitges.as he had insisted we go out for lunch at a local Bistro.We had a rather indulgent lunch, two bottles of wine and a long slumping sleep afterwards!
It was all a bit of a shock when I woke up covered in Dogs at dusk, as none of the poultry coops had been locked up safely.
Slightly disorientated and much the worse for wine I have to admit sloshing around a field is not the nicest of pastimes when you are not quite ready for it. I am lucky, however, that all the hens find their own way into their houses before dark, and the ducks once they see you walking towards them, hysterically band together to clamour their way through the shed trap door. Only Gloria and Boris have to be physically lifted into their own home, which is not a bag of laughs I can tell you.
Boris is getting tamer, and will take bread from my hand quite comfortably now, so picking him up (even though he is a bit of pudding) is pretty easy. Gloria on the other hand is quite a different character. With feet like broken umbrellas, she is a bit of a vixen when approached, and gave me six or seven well directed kicks before I bundled her through the coop door.
I guess it was worth the effort cos I was soon back on the couch with Meg sat on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes