Cracking put downs-apologies for the language

I watched "Pricilla" last night on Sky and forgot just how good Terence stamp's put down lines were.....
To a red neck homophobic drunk
Bernadette: Stop flexing your muscles, you big pile of budgie turd. I'm sure your mates will be much more impressed if you just go back to the pub and fuck a couple of pigs on the bar.
and to a drunk homophobic middle aged woman:
Bernadette: [to Shirley] Now listen here, you mullet. Why don't you just light your tampon, and blow your box apart? Because it's the only bang you're ever gonna get, sweetheart!

classic

2 comments:

  1. I rest my case. A truly wonderful film, on every level. For me, the film completes a decade's arc through the evolution of queer film: it's a profoundly self-aware movie, and magical too, yet it never takes itself too seriously. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the film was a first in so many areas......but I think most importantly, it was taken (or did it force itself?)into the hearts of everyday Australians and that fact was a cultural as well as a cinematic first for that country
    Terence Stamp was a revelelation as the worldly wise Bernadette as was Guy Pearce, who took a big chance camping it up........

    I loved it

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes