Treats,chicks and " Happy Birthday Mike"

Well it is long overdue for me to see Nuala in London, so today I managed to finally sit down and try and book myself a cheapo train ticket to the capital. Fat Chance............no cheap deals and an extended delay on the way home (rail works don't you know) would make a visit rather lacklustre, so I was delighted that Chris came up trumps and booked me a BA return flight from Manchester to the new terminal 5
The whole visit will now be a total treat! (except for the inbred train journey from Wales to the airport)- with a glass of wine in departures, a quick flight down, big chats with Nu, a theatre trip, a mooch around a museum, then a quick flight home.....bloody hell, all very cosmopolitan

Apologies for the quickly snatched pic of the first of Stanley's chicks, but I had to be quick so that the humidity in the incubator was not lost too much. You may be able to tell that at least three of the other white eggs are pipping away and almost free of their chicks, so we may have 6 or so out of the 8 eggs in there.The "nursery" is already set up in the shed with the heat lamp all switched on, so Boris and Grace who are still banged up in the big dog crate, will have a bit of company.

Finally I Just wanted to mention a quick "happy Birthday" to friend Mike.who is 41 today. We both must be growing up a bit, as for his birthday pressie (I always get him some sort of action big boys film on dvd...aka Spiderman or Hellboy ) He has asked for the adult Jonathan Creek box set...........
Have a good birthday matey.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes