The cheesecake that broke the camel's back


I drink far too much wine and subsequently eat far too much crap, That my friends endith the lesson for today.

Last night we went out for an Italian meal, which was lovely. But as the wine flowed so did the appetite and as usual I shoveled down the biggest limoncello cheesecake, which I didn't really want. This morning I have a slight hangover and a rather nasty bloated stomach as well as the nasty realisation that I am putting on the pounds again, so when I have been indulging myself in bedroom window "thinking time", I have come to a small but significant epiphany.

I am going to cut down my alcohol intake drastically.

It certainly needs to be done as the odd glass of wine or three with crap television can become a bad habit, and I need to remind myself that I come from a set of parents that indulged heartily in bad habits. So from today avid readers you may notice a Bridget Jones style alcohol counter in the bottom label box (every week there will be a weight counter in it too, as a reminder not to give in to alcohol driven munchies.

Now I am NOT becoming a nun, heaven help me if I started down that route,( so you can be sure that my gossipy, wine fueled trips to Sheffield and the odd pub quiz and Italian treat meal will continue)- I just want to cut down on that regular bottle of wine and subsequent huge bites out of the cheese wedge that sneak in to every day life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes