What ever happened to Baby Jane?


An application for planning permission has gone in again on the old garden of our cottage. The land is owned by the previous owners and planning has been denied a couple of times for the construction of a bungalow due to access problems. This time I suspect a revised access plan has been submitted, so planning could well be granted,and although the building of a bungalow would be inconvenient and would take away a lovely old orchard and our washing line, we would not be overlooked. What would upset me the most with loosing the old garden, would be the destruction of another "piece of green". and I know that we as well as two of the three adjoining neighbours will be submitting a complaint. Lets hope that the application will be rejected again.

The wild flower border has started to bloom again on the borders of the vegetable patch, and bright patches of colour have lifted the deep greens of the vegetables. The seeds were 99p from diskos.

The weather has been lovely today so I have caught up with all those jobs I have neglected when Nige was over. I have strimmed all around the enclosures and cleaned out all the coops ( no sign of red mite) The ducklings are now big enough to be let loose in the big yellow run, so their little chicken wire enclosure has been moved to surround Colleen Nolan still sat firm on her 7 eggs in the rabbit hutch.
When I opened up the hen houses this morning I was stunned to see Baby Jane running around the enclosure with a large and very dead mole in her beak. I have never seen this behaviour before, sure the hens have eaten small baby frogs and insects found when scavenging, but a mole? The rodent was fought over by several of the hens and eventually most of it was dispatched by the flock...........the hens looked more like dinosaurs from Jurassic Park....weird.and just a touch unsettling

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes