Temper

I hate loosing my temper, and I am lucky it does not happen that often, but when upset I can give "as good as I get", when the need arises.
Today and one day last week are two cases in point. I had been working with a terribly negative senior nurse, who expends great effort being negative with every member of junior staff that works in her team. As a former manager of a fairly happy and successful ward team,I found this type of negativity is at best tiring and at worst totally demoralizing to junior staff, and I just knew she was going to try and pick me up on something or other. I won't go into details but the criticism came just at the end of a busy shift and on the shop floor, and I was having non of it. Loudly ( a little too loudly but I must say effectively) I disagreed with the criticism offered and turned the whole comment around assertively and with an irritating touch of patronising edge.It was her fault that the whole thing was overheard and enjoyed by several other junior staff . A small but satisfying victory .

Today I "had words" with the guy working on my field boundary. It was a product of both our frustrations. His at trying to complete a job single handed and mine at having large farm machinery thundering back and forth next to the nervous ducklings. I would not have lost my temper save for the fact that he talked over my argument, and like an old queen I did have a small dickey fit in order to get my own point of view listened to.
Anyhow, finally we both backed off a little and offered each other an olive. branch like real adults.........he went back to his fence and I stalked back to my ducklings

pic is of the single blackbird chick sat on his nest by the front door

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes