I have turned into my Grandfather.........well just a little

Ned came over this afternoon and we managed to erect the cheap-as-chips bargain basement garden shed, Chris ordered a few weeks ago. It took us three hours of huffing and puffing before it looked the part and I am glad it has a small window, out of which I can see the garden view, as I am tending the chicks.
I have been toying with the idea of some Kath Kitson curtains..............what do you think?
At 46, I suspect I have reached the ideal age for my own shed.
I remember my grandfather's shed very clearly. The smell of creosote, the ancient tins full of unused screws and nails. old tins of paint, that would come in handy someday;rows of vintage garden implements and the home adapted wooden vice. It was all very masculine, rather dusty and in a strange sort of way, totally him.It was also always very warm (like your memories of childhood always are!)
My shed will be very ME. Obviously chicken and duck orientated, but I think I will get some curtains to give the place my own personal twist as well as some nice shelves with Homes and Gardens style gardenalia objects carefully arranged on them with relaxed style.
It was late when Ned went home, and I realised that I had no tea only at 8.45pm after I had rushed around feeding chickens and dogs, and watered the allotment.
After walking the dogs later I have got the Laura Linney film The Savages (2007) to settle down to.
Chris rang......he is full of cold and looking forward in coming home.....he has bought me a cowboy hat in Banff.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes