Golden Grove and Gwaenynog

The National Garden scheme (NGS) http://www.ngs.org.uk/gen/default.aspx is a brilliant National scheme which allows the general public to visit private gardens for a charitable donation. I love it, you get a chance to poke around someone else's home, enjoy and learn from usually inspired planting and have a home made cake and cup of tea....not bad for 3 quid.
Today the village of Llanasa opened six of its best gardens,the best being the stunning Golden Grove Manor House which overlooks the Gop only a mile or so from our village. I absolutely fell in love with the Elizabethan house and gardens and strange as it seems I almost felt as though I had come "home" (I wish!!!!!!!!!!!)
We ambled through the village to the quaint village hall to have too many cakes and cups of strong tea ( Nigel was in heaven)
We dropped Nige off at the station for his trip back to Stockport, then drove up to Denbigh to see another open garden at Gwaenynog, which was the inspiration for Beatrix Potter's Peter Rabbit garden. Mr McGregor's potting shed (pic) is quite sweet.
I think we would have enjoyed the garden more if the weather had been a little better. 60 mile-an-hour winds have ripped branches from trees and caused havoc on the roads. Two trees in Trelawnyd Church yard have been toppled and all my runner bean canes have been tossed around like matchsticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes