Friends


If I can fit it in with Chris and the animals I hope to slip over to Sheffield next week for a quick friend fix. Out of everything we left in Sheffield ( three years ago now) it is the friendships I made over the 16 years there, that I miss the most. Having said that, I have always had the discipline to keep in touch with friends:- Nuala in London is a case in point ( and to be honest I am long overdue for a visit down there too), so "popping" the hundred or so miles over to Yorkshire, to me feels perfectly normal.
I was talking about my planned visit with a colleague at work today, and I was surprised somewhat by a question she asked me. She asked if I was lonely?
I thought about this on the drive home, and I can honestly say that I am not lonely here, but I DO miss having a fairly large set of like minded and interesting friends "on tap" as it were.
Historically Chris has always worked incredibly hard during the week, in Sheffield he commuted long distances and therefore didn't get home until late; here he gets home earlier but tends to go to bed at a reasonable hour as he has an early start every morning. In Sheffield that time to myself was filled with friends, here in Wales it is filled with family and animals, and although that is wonderful I do miss the spoilt indulgence that close friendships give you.
I guess that sounds a little shallow and just a tad needy, perhaps it is just a little, who knows.
pic) Elizabeth Spriggs is number 5 hen to get the broody bug.........

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes