Troupers

Ripley drinking

There is something rather valiant about ducklings. Two days old already, and they are bouncing around with an optimistic excitement which is totally endearing. I have spent long warm periods in the sun, head in the hen house body in the duck enclosure watching the little comedians eat,sleep, and clamber all over the benign sweetie that is Blanche, who seems to take everything they have to subject her to and more.


Blanche and Newt

From Left to Right Hudson,Vasquez,Newt,Dallas,Ripley and Hicks
I promise not to saturate the blog with pictures of fluffy chicks too much, but please indulge my paternal pride for at least a couple of days....!

2 comments:

  1. Ah, they're so cute! I'm reading a funny book called Enslaved By Ducks that I bet you'd enjoy. It's one man's account of his life with the endless stream of animals (lots of duucks) that his wife acquires and brings home to their little farm in Michigan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks I will look out for it

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes