Friends

Sheffield from the top of Coles (John Lewis)



A few days off in Dronfield and Sheffield has been a real tonic. Wednesday night I caught up with Kathryn. We cooked a meal, drank spritzers and chatted all night,which was about bloody time.
Thursday morning I drove to Sheffield and had breakfast in Waitrose down Ecclesall Road ( A real treat). I love Waitrose, can't afford to shop there, but love it,love it,love it, and there was something quite attractive about a store with everything razor straight and in obsessonal order.

Bought Chris some last minute Birthday gifts at Coles, then went to the Millennium Gallery and Winter Gardens for a mooch around. There was a continental market along Fargate which was well worth a stroll around and just had time to buy some cheap garden plants before driving to the Northern General Hospital to catch up with friend Sarah.who is the matron there.

It has been nearly three years since I actually left Spinal Injuries, and I have never re visited my old place of work. That was a conscious decision on my part. Friends I knew I would keep in touch with, but I sort of thought that once I finished 16 years in Spines, the separation from the unit and collegues and staff would be final. Anyhow my intention of sneaking in and out like a thief in the night, didn't quite work as time and time again I was caught by a familiar face and a barrage of questions. The whole thing was very flattering and just a little moving.at times as I got a hug here and a surprise greeting there. Of course there was a couple of characters that snubbed me -one Charge nurse I thought I knew well went out of his way to be unfriendly, which intrigued me ( I forced him to shake my hand and talk to me which was a little naughty of me), but generally my one and only re visit was an unexpectedly nice experience.









Above The peace gardens (Sheffield City Centre).& The Winter Gardens (right)

Later in the afternoon, I met up with Bev and Maisie for coffee then on to friend Joy across the city before shooting back to Sheffield City centre for my regular catch up with Jane and best friend Mike.in old faithful All Bar One. As usual we gossiped and laughed until late, and it was a great end to a busy but satisfying day.
Got back to hand feeding Blanche at 1030 am this morning and found myself walking a set of hyperactive dogs at 11. The best of both worlds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes