Friendly Rivalry

I realised that here in Wales I have many acquaintances and few friends. In Sheffield the situation was certainly reversed, and blog readers will realise that keeping in touch with the good friends I made in Yorkshire has always been important to me.Unlike the city, Trelawnyd is a community in the old fashioned sense of the word. Daily I meet at least a dozen people for a chat,gossip and idle banter. Yesterday it was a long poultry discussion with Mr Jones and his girlfriend (the new owners from Pen-y-cefn-isa, the Pretty farm up the lane), then Jenny from the post office showed me around her newly refurbished set of cottages and a whole drip-drip line of adults and kids have visited the allotment to catch a glimpse of the ducklings swimming for the first time.(it's amazing how their brith has circulated) Selling eggs and having the allotment always seems to open contact with the most unsociable of characters .
Hazel and I enjoy a friendly rivalry type of friendship. We enjoy and share an interest in film, home and gardening but do like to "out do" each other if we can, and although she lives in Prestatyn, she is still very much a Trelawnyd girl, having been born and bred in the village. Today she has totally out done me by buying a split level, designer eglu house for her designer hens, and although it would look slightly out of place on my field, I was certainly impressed by style and sleek lines.
I can't compete with her Thunderbird-ish hen house but will beat her arse with my entries at the Prestatyn Flower Show!
Off to Osborns in Llandudno later for another of Chris' University night out

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes