Sunshine and Humphrey Littleton

At last, a nice day. I have spent 8 solid hours outside today, finishing the work required in the front garden, clearing the weeds from the vegetable beds and tidying the hedges on the bottom boundary of the field.
The Scotties have kept me company in the field all day and have behaved themselves nicely despite being let off their leads for most of the time. George has sneaked a few sorties at the hen enclosures but has been kept at bay by a somewhat angry Duncan, who has shadowed his every move.
The small polytunnels are filling nicely with the salad crops, which even the toughest of rabbits cannot infiltrate, tomorrow I may dare to plant my salad potatoes and more beetroot.
Sad to hear that The spring series of BBC Radio 4's comedy show I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue has been cancelled after long-serving presenter Humphrey Lyttelton was admitted to hospital.
Lyttelton, who has presented the "self-styled antidote to panel games" since 1972, is to undergo surgery to repair an aortic aneurysm and although always sharp as a dye, he WAS sounding just a tad frail during the last series.

I do hope he is well enough to make a comeback in Clue.! His acid sharp and "dry as a Nun's skirt" delivery makes the programme, I will miss it this spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes