Mayor Of London


It may sound strange, but I have been following the London Mayoral debate with interest recently. The three major candidates Boris "dePfeffel" Johnson, Ken Livingstone and Brian Paddick, went head to head on the London's talk radio on Thursday morning with a rather irritating Nick Farrari as chair, and I found the arguments fascinating listening. I found the most impressive speeches came from the Northern sounding Livingstone, even though as a personality he can come over as rather smarmy.Calm, sensible Brian Paddick produced the best impression of the three, and I have a sense that he may do rather well against "Have I got News for you" fans-Johnson, who comes over as the affable buffoon we are used to seeing on tv.

The clash of personalities, celebrity and policy in this case has been accessible to me, which is surprising as generally I am very much an apolitical animal. I will continue to listen to the debate with interest until polling on May 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes