Happy Owner

The allotment is starting to look the part in the sun early this morning. And I have let the birds out later today, to protect them from Mr Fox, who is sniffing around. It is cubing season, so the vixens are hungry and bolder than usual.
With a slightly heavy heart I decided to float Blanche's 8 eggs in a bowl of warmed water to see if any are alive ( the eggs should bob and move with the ducklings' reactions to the change of temperature).
Although Blanche has stuck fast onto the eggs, she has had two hiccups when she had been separated from them on two of the coldest days of the year.
Anyhow, popping the eggs into the bowl, I was overjoyed to see 5 of the little buggers bouncing around with gay abandon, I couldn't quite believe it! If I could have kissed Blanche on the beak I honestly would have done....and quickly allowed her to growl her way back onto the nest.
I have been grinning to everyone since, (including two gravediggers in the graveyard, who seemed a bit baffled by my excitement.
I just hope they hatch on or around the 5th May

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes