scum


I can understand the easy come/easy go mentality of some spongers in society, but the whole selfish attitude of thieves, benefit fraudsters and con artists literally makes me feel sick.Taking the road of least resistance is I guess a human failing, but when you hurt and damage other peoples' lives, then can the ends justify the means?
To many amoral people it obviously does! a case in point is a phone call I received this morning. Lisa a young mum in her early twenties is single handedly running an organic poultry farm and small holding in Cheshire. I have bought most of my hens from her and was due to go over tomorrow to pick a few new girls for Stanley's new enclosure. She rang me this morning near tears, to tell me not to bother coming tomorrow as all her hens (2,500 quids worth of birds) had been stolen in the night. Lisa and her husband have worked all day every day to build her business to what it is, and it angers me terribly to think that good, honest people like them can be preyed upon by no mark scum.
The whole thing is just very,very sad.
Worked hard in the allotment for most of the day, am just on the way to the beach to walk the dogs with Janet and Jess, then off to Llandudno to meet Chris for supper in Osborns which is a nice treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes