"Connie--well actually its Jess",haystacks and a new hen house

Janet called this afternoon when I was clearing the hen runs; a new dog had just been delivered to the pet rescue centre and she wanted me to see it with her. The dog turned out to be a small terrier cross bitch around 10 months old, and I thought she was quite charming. She was friendly with William (who had come along for the ride), fairly placid with the cats in the cattery and walked easily on her lead. I thought she was sweet and I wasn't surprised when Janet drove home with her calmly sat in the back seat.Her kennel name was fudge but I kind of thought she looked like a Connie.............I think the name might actually stick.

I finally got hold of the lady who owns the substantial hen house on the gop and after a bit of negotiation I knocked her down from 50£ to 30£, which I think was a bargain. The coop is worth at least 75£ so I was pretty pleased. When the new hen house/chicken house comes tomorrow I shall have 6 poultry coops up and running. A hen monopoly!

Cleared out the large coop this morning and fully disinfected it against red mite, which is the most disgusting of jobs on earth. I have raked all the dead grass from the enclosure too (the hens remove all the unwanted grass and straw from the pasture) and I couldn't believe how much stuff they can shift

Chris is in Swansea all day today, so won't be back until late, Connie now is called Jess, which sounds just right

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes