Northern Ballet,garlic and shallots

Venue Cymru in Llandudno, generally caters for an older rather blue collar audience, so I was excited to see that the Leeds based Northern Ballet is coming to town in June with their new production of A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM. Chris is hopefully getting me tickets for my birthday , and we hope to get a whole family group together to enjoy what I hope will be a cracking production.
I became a fan of Northern Ballet when we lived in Sheffield, and friend John and I saw some stunning ballets at the Lyceum. I loved Dracula ( with a first act that had to be seen to be believed) and the very,very sexy (and sexually ambiguous) Car Man ( with Alan Vincent- he of the hairy chest in Mathew Bourne's Nutcracker pic below) Even some of the productions that didn't really work that well ( like A streetcar named desire) were well worth going to see, as certain parts were visually stunning to watch.
The reviews seem very good for Nights Dream....I do hope he can get tickets!

The weather has been quite bright and warm today so I gave up trying to have a sleep after nights and got out into the allotment to plant my shallots and garlic.

ps. he just bought the tickets!
pps. just had an email re Carman:-apparantly
"Car Man wasn't Northern Ballet Theatre, it was a company that was then called Adventures in Motion Pictures, the Matthew Bourne Company that for legal reasons is now called New Adventures".

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes