Neighbours.......cymdogion

Even though they had an early morning run on the beach the dogs were full of beans today, and were literally bouncing off the walls when I got in at midday after a couple of hours finishing off the last of the vegetable patches. The weather is bright but ever so cold, so I took them for a walk down the lane where I thought we would be protected from the blustery wind and freezing temperatures.
Working on the land so much gives me the opportunity to meet and come in contact with my neighbours on a daily basis.Passing faces become more friendly the more you see them, and smiles evolve into conversations, even though you often don't know the person's name you have been chatting to for months and months.
My favourite neighbour is widow Mrs Jones who lives in the old farmhouse Pen-y-cefn isa, just on the other side of the shallow valley.

Her old farmhouse has seen slightly better days but is a charming old place, and I always have the fantasy of wanting to live there every time I amble pass. Mrs Jones drives down the lane daily and I always get a beaming smile and wave off her as she crawls past the field bend. At night, I always think that the lights from Pen-y-cefn isa ( which translates literally as Head -of- the -back- lower ) are incredibly reassuring amid the black fields.
The view of Trelawnyd from the south (left) is rather quaint and I took the dogs down Gypsy lane (below) to flush out pheasants to chase.
We couldn't find any but did watch a group of Buzzards whirl and cry above a "kill" somewhere in the fields. Off to the cinema later to see Juno.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes