7.15am Oscar Results


I am up at the crack of dawn to give Chris a lift to the station! The tide was out in Prestatyn so the dogs had a dawn run and now I am having the first coffee of the day! The eggs have been turned in the incubator, I have just made sprout soup! and the birds all fed and watered, so I can sit down with a cup of coffee and review the oscar results!
No real surprises! I was very happy to see Cotillard win,( a rarity for a non English speaking actress to romp it) and Tilda Swinton was an interesting choice for best supporting actress. Cotillard won over the audience and America with her wide eyed acceptance speech and I thought she was quite,quite charming! I also suspect as all the actor honours went to non American actors this year, then next year every one will be won by home grown American pie performers! (If Linney is nominated next year I bet she will win!)
Off to Sheffield on Friday for a long overdue meet with friend Jonney, which I am looking forward to! Will meet with Mike too (which is overdue also). Working Wednesday and Sunday and hope to fit in Juno at the cinema if the weather turns!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes