The field is ready...(almost)

Another duck egg today, so hoping another will be banged out tomorrow I have amended the sale sign in the cottage window-I know it is a case of counting my duck eggs before they are laid but the girls seem to be on a roll.
Below is a photo of William in his favourite position in the passenger seat of the Belingo. I may sound like a modern parent/pet owner, but I try to give each of the dogs some individual time and attention. For George and Maddie, it is sitting in the lounge in an evening.For Meg it is coming to bed with me after her early morning walk and for William it is sitting in the passenger seat with me, when I go shopping or when I get petrol.
Watching william excitedly getting into "his position" next to me in the car today, I found incredibly moving. Dogs love adhering to their routines, and they adore simple "treats" like a trip to the shops. It is a simple thing to make happen
and one that gives such reciprocal pleasure.to me.

I know the news that I have finally dug over all my old and new vegetable patches today, may not excite anyone but me, but I don't care as it gives me a huge sense of achievement
I plan to have a large potato veg patch on the sight of the bonfire (below left). The main vegetable plot ( below right) is flanked by the first of my smaller flower growing areas. And the final soft fruit plot (not shown) is completed and ready further down the field.The weather closed in at 1pm (AGAIN!!!) but most of the work had been done and dusted by then.




















David Cameron has withdrawn the Tory whip from Derek Conway after the MP was reprimanded over the amount he paid his son for working as his researcher I heard today! Big deal! The MP should be sacked for manipulating the system and paying his son 13 thousand pounds to do nothing ( and also "employing" his elder son in another researcher post. Fellow MP ( and former blue collar Northern Union rep) John Mann, who brought the complaint to light, was eloquent in his arguments why all M.P business should indeed be transparent, but he did concede (rather worryingly) that many many MPs should and would be looking over their shoulders at the moment as a "signified number" of them "employ" relatives in junior support positions.
So much for the whiter then white public servants

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes