Cock tales- Duncan and Stanley

Well the menagerie grows! Very Welsh nurse Ceri rang today and said her hubby would drop me off a cockerel this afternoon! They live right out in the sticks so I was very grateful for their kindness as I would never have found their cottage way in the back and beyond.
I felt rather rural myself when he brought two large 8 week cocks! to choose from, as he wasn't sure how to hold them or which feathers to cut to ground them! ( I love showing off)The big red cock seems to be a tough "teen" and rather feisty! and it took a bit of wrestling and a few nasty pecks before I got him subdued. The other chap is a smaller Light Sussex with rather bandy legs and a diffident manner, so as they are brothers and supposedly friendly towards each other I agreed to take them both!
The tougher handsome cock I have called Duncan! ( after Chris' Uncle) and the weedy white cock will be called Stanley (He looks like a Stan!)

The hens lined up with interest when the "men" arrived, and one of the black hookers looked rather surprised (to say the least) when Duncan promptly shagged her!
Stanley just buffed up his feathers and staggered around the coop hysterically in an effort to show off, as the girls looked on with mild interest!

Anyhow, things seemed to have settled down somewhat after a few minutes, and I hope that the neighbours will be happy at the crowing! which is loud but I think very comforting.


In March I am planning ducklings AND hen chicks.
Me thinks that Duncan is going to be a bit of a stud!
Duncan Browning will be pleased!!!!

1 comment:

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes