Back to Spinal Injuries


Oh My God! I didn't have time for even the briefest of blogs yesterday..How remiss!. Saturday night was phenomenally busy at work with me having two ITU patients to look after rather than the more manageable one!
Sunday night seemed Even busier as I has to transfer out on of my more stable patients so that an acute spinal injury patient could be admitted. Working in one of only 11 spinal injury units for 16 years, gave me an appreciation of the holes that can occur in DGH care, and last night was no different as the truth is that no one has a comprehensive or indeed in my humble experience an "adequate" working knowledge of the intricacies of care.
I wont bang on about it, but I was fairly satisfied that all the i's were dotted and the t's were crossed and I felt that the patient had more than a fighting chance against the banalities of small hospital care..
Fell asleep fully dressed on the couch when I go home at 8.30, covered with a blanket of dogs. Up again at 10.30 feeling like shit.I am too old for all this!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes