Walter and Nell

There is something very benign about ducks. I think they are very similar to dolphins and beavers in that respect as they always seem to be cheerful and smiley.
I drove up to a charming house in the back and beyond behind Abergele and met a nice couple from the South East who had "retired" in the middle of nowhere. Mrs Baxter had no previous experience at poultry keeping before they came and had, like myself, learnt on the "hoof" as it were. As soon as I saw her runner ducks for sale I knew I wanted to keep them all!as they seem to be natural comics and show offs.
She was full of enthusiasm for the breeding of her own ducks and hens I got quite caught up in the excitement of it all, so bought a breeding pair of ducks instead of two females.
So Walter and Nell are now the latest additions to the menagerie. They tottered around their new compound as if on tip toe, much to the shock of the chickens who having never seen a duck before, legged it to the farthest corner of the enclosure and stayed there in a tight ball of nervous feathers. Drakes do not quack (something new I have learnt today), but they do "murmur" to themselves constantly. Nell on the other hand has never stopped quacking, albeit very quietly!! They are very cute,! I can see myself buying and breeding quite a few more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes