Joan's turn

With 32 animals there always seems to be a problem with one of them at any one particular time. One of the Andrew's sisters has a permanent limp, George and Meg are just getting over worms, at least William's fighting has calmed down somewhat! This afternoon it was 19 year old Joan's turn for the vets, with something stuck in her throat.
After a traumatic cough, choke and run moment, I managed to pick her up by the allotment and drove quick sticks to the vets. Polish vet was available and brandishing a pair magills forceps as she shouted "old her still!" she knocked out a couple of Joan's wobbly teeth before deftly removing a chicken bone.
Unlike the dogs, who would have gone into a mental decline for the rest of the day, Joan immediately started purring and stood with her paws on the dashboard all the way home, as if nothing had happened.

Went to Weightwatchers today (no weight gain!!) and a senior weightwatcher's official called Pat (trim and power suited) tried to conscript me as a potential session "leader". I said I would meet her to discuss the matter after all extra money would be useful in paying my Barclaycard off! but I think being a leader would be more useful in keeping my weight off! permanently

3 comments:

  1. "...as if nothing had happened" ...Yes, but from Joan's perspective, nothing had happened. Nx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't Cats fantastic?!
    I'm always reminded of the "Meet the Parents" DeNiro/stiller scene over why "Focker" prefers dogs to cats! :D
    Glad the cat's ok, John ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep its a case of no brain no pain........

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes