Ducks,sprouts and weightwatchers

It has been a beautiful day, sunny,warm and clear. I have rearranged the hen houses, so that they are all in a rough quadrangle, and I must admit I did find it fascinating that the older hens all "stormed" the black hookers hen house (centre of the photo), and trashed the place, dragging the straw to the door and kicking it all over the compound. The hooker's hen house had been on the other side of the enclosure and had been previously left untouched. Funny how they act isn't it.Egg production is reducing drastically, which is directly related to the shortening of the days and the molting of the hens! After I had delivered the eggs, I went to Abergele to collect more chicken feed and saw a duck house, which was reduced in price, I almost bought it there and then. especially as I also noticed an advertisement from a local farm (Llanfairtalhaiarn which is in the back and beyond), selling ducks! Anyhow the upshot of the story is that I am picking up our latest animals ( two Indian runner ducks) on Saturday morning! What fun.!!

The first crop of sprouts have been picked today also, and pretty nice they tasted too! No saturated fats there either which was good as I was happy to realise that I lost another couple of pounds in the weightwatcher weigh in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes