small talk

I think I have mentioned before, that I have learnt the art of small talk when taking part in every day village life. There are times when it works well, as in today's visit to a local antique shop. I stopped off there on the way back from the weekly shop, and struck up a general conversation with the owner. We talked about allotments and gardening for a while, and when I mentioned about having organic eggs for sale, she seemed to prick up her ears! I had already shown an interest in a small mantle mirror but couldn't by it as I was skint!, and she offered me the mirror for 17 weeks worth of eggs! sorted! My first, non food related barter!

The weather has been glorious, the view from Prestatyn hillside has never been so clear and although you cannot see it clearly from the photo, the mountains on Cumbria could be seen quite clearly across the bay

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes