Scouse Irritation and sweetcorn

The tragic killing of Rhys Jones in Liverpool has united a nation in condemning the senseless increase in teenage gun crime, but am I alone at feeling rather uneasy with the very public show of unity and mourning exhibited by the Merseyside population and press? The Everton football team, were photographed at the boy's murder site flowers and gifts in hand, outrage echoes across the local radio airways and Liverpudlians are "pulling together" with great public gusto to support each other as they did after Hillsborough. But I am left with the feeling that they and we all should be turning our attention more to the underclass of Liverpool ( and those of all our towns and citys) rather than just taking a very public stance in monopolizing grief.

Like many places Liverpool is particularly rife with apathy,crime and a disregard for authority and the law. Generations of people have no respect for others and what others have, and exist in angry isolation from community and acceptable standards of behaviour. However Liverpool,I feel, can often exhibit an unhealthy ability to distance itself from blame and introspection, and I applauded Jimmy Tarbuck when he said that the Liverpudlian population need to take a long and hard look at how they bring up their children. He succinctly reinforced that parenting is to blame for this disintegration of respect but stopped short at suggesting what can be done to improve things. I don't know either, as I wonder just what can be done to and for families who literally have generations that just don't care?

Perhaps the public disgust at anti social behaviour will eventually be enough to sway the tide by peer pressure? but I doubt it. Zero tolerance done properly saved New York. Perhaps we need to hold fast and encourage its proper use here?

Anyhow I will drag myself off my soapbox. Been busy today. Booked William in for castration on Thursday after a long discussion with a vet from Caerwys. Saw the loud Polish vet in the background, and had to stifle a giggle as she bellowed "ELLOOOOOW" to the various support staff!
It is important that the right dog is castrated for harmony to prevail (the less dominant character!), and it was interesting to realise that if the wrong one is done, then the fighting will continue if not get worse. After a detailed chat, the vet suggested that little George is more dominant than William, and we agreed that William will have the op on Thursday. However I have some reservations that she is correct but hey, she knows more than I do, so I hope she is indeed correct.!


Arranged to see Nia and family tomorrow which will be lovely, pity my sweetcorn is not quite ready, as I wanted to give her some as dinner starters! (see pic) but I do think it looks impressive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes